Thursday, March 28, 2019

"Radio Collectors of America," in Quincy, Mass.

In March of 2008, a few months after my book about early television was released, I spoke, long-distance (via speaker phone), with members of the "Radio Collectors of America," an Old-Time Radio group in Quincy, Massachusetts; the conversation (which was very enjoyable) took up part of the organization's monthly meeting,  I was interviewed, first, by radio personality/entertainer/author Mel Simons, the group's Vice President--Mel and I subsequently became friends, that year--and then answered questions about the book from members of the group. 

Tonight, I'll be making a return visit, by phone, to speak about the Revised Edition of the book. I'll once again be interviewed by Mel, and will then take questions from members of the group, if they are so inclined.  I'm looking forward to the conversation.