Monday, October 24, 2016

Comedian Kevin Meaney

Kevin Meaney has for years been one of my favorite comedians.  He was extremely--and uniquely--funny.

I loved his style, as a comedian, and always loved, in particular, his imitations of his mother--a well-known part of his act, featured in the video below, from The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Also featured, toward the end of the video:  Mr. Meaney singing a song, "I Don't Care," another well-known routine he did.  ("I don't care, I don't care, My jokes don't go over I don't care...")  It's just hysterical.

(I don't know what year the video below is from. Mr. Meaney first appeared on The Tonight Show in 1987, and made--according to his website--a dozen appearances on the program after that.  For a moment, at the start of the video, you can see Jay Leno--and so the appearance is either from the late 1980s or early 1990s, when Mr. Leno served as Johnny Carson's regular guest host.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FhBuHi0N8o

Mr. Meaney died last Friday, at age 60, and I was so sorry to learn about it.  

http://deadline.com/2016/10/veteran-comedian-kevin-meaney-dies-at-60-1201840961/